The Church at Mudavanmugal had a very humble beginning. In the year 1930 the City Mission of the LMS built a tiny church in 2.5 cents at Arannur close to Karamana due to the efforts of Mr. K. Thomas Pothen, Catechist at Christ Church. The worship at the new church commenced with 40 participants led by Mr. G. Alexander, Valangattil.The members of the Church had to shift to Mudavanmugal when perennial floods at Arannur threatened their lives. A new church was built at Mudavanmugal for unhindered worship as the church at Arannur was distant and was isolated during the floods.

The Church has Divine Worship at 9 a.m. on Sundays. An elected committee oversees the affairs of the Church. Sunday school, Youth Movement and Choir are very active. There are regular cottage prayers on Tuesdays at 7.00 p.m. The Presbyter of Christ Church celebrates Holy Eucharist on second Sundays. The students of the Kannamoola Theological Seminary visit the Church on all other Sundays to assist the Catechist who caters to both Mudavanmugal and Muttathara churches. The congregation has 24 families with 54 subscribing members.